Friday, November 6, 2015

Chapter 8: My final thoughts

I have chosen this topic because I thought I have the full knowledge to cover everything, but I realized that even though I'm colorblind, I have learned a lot of new information. I have read interesting articles discussing the difficulties that colorblind people are facing everyday. I have went through some of these difficulties. For instance, I changed my career from studying chemical engineering, which is one of the jobs that requires one to see the full color spectrum, to Biology science. I have also learned about how genetic engineering is close to finding a cure in the near future and that is a good news for those who have color blindness and also for me. While I was doing the blog, I came a cross the color blindness correction glasses. The glasses are now the best solution for those who have difficulty seeing colors. After reading about the glasses for the first time, I got really excited to try them and experience full color vision.

The blog's experience has taught me how the science has developed and how scientists are close to finding a cure, which is the best thing I have ever learned from this blog. However, until they prove that the cure is safe for humans, the glasses are the best solution. I'm looking forward to trying them.

2 comments:

  1. It is great that you came into this knowing about color blindness just from your experience with it. The blog has been extremely informative coming from someone who really did not realize it was that prevalent in our world. I would be curious what your feedback is after trying the glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adil, thanks for sharing your experience with us. This very great to learn about colorblindness and I wish we can find a cure for colorblindness instead of treatment.

    ReplyDelete